Monday, June 2, 2008

First Sale!

My thanks to fellow Raveller Jerry, who spotted one of my yarns, wandered to the Etsy shop and bought it! Something of a rite of passage for me to make a sale online - so far, they've just been hand-offs at Guild meetings.

So, yay! Pelagic, or half of it, as it was a half-pound dye lot, is off to a new home in California. How neat, because the experience that inspired this colourway was actually my all-too-brief visit to the Monterey Aquarium last year. I was just entranced by the "Pelagic Zone" tank with the sharks and mola-mola. The deep, darkening cast of blue-green on everything gives that exhibit the most tranquil aura.



I am debating as yet whether to list the skein's mate on Etsy. I do quite love it - but realistically, if I want to make a go of being a marketable dyer, keeping even half of what I dye is not the best plan.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Clearly, you have to dye more. Then the one that you keep will represent a teensy fraction of the ones you sold to support your habits :)

Suzanne said...

I've been tempted by this skein myself but ran into a large issue of looking at what I had planned and knowing I would be buying just because I liked the colours. Very tempted. Dye more! :)