Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sock Yarn coming, to a club near you!

Well, today has been long, but productive. I've just finished my first-ever wholesale dye project, for a an upcoming Sock Club installment with a small vendor. I won't give too much away and of course there will be no pictures until the yarn is off to its new owners, but suffice to say I've been thrilled to be picked, and really appreciate that another small businessperson has put enough faith in my work to pick me to do this! I'll be able to spill the beans sometime next month.

A couple more things went in the pots today, as I hate wasting dye, and have discovered that no matter how pale the shade, Jacquard Fuschia really won't exhaust entirely. So once everything's dry I can show off my heap of peachy-pink fleece mill ends, and a skein of something that turned out remarkably purple when all I meant to do was cold-pour a little purple on parts of it. Oh well.

Here, for your yarn-voyeur pleasure, is the result of a little rescue effort recently. A friend was gifted with a yarn which, while very nicely dyed, was in a colour completely not to her taste. So she asked if I could tone it down a bit with an overdye, for it was in fact a brilliant shade of somewhere between bubble gum and pepto bismol. So on sample-day a couple weeks ago, off it went into a pot with a partially-exhausted sky blue.

No comments: